Wrinkles on skin may appear due to aging. The aging process itself can be postponed with proper care and awareness on our part. Wrinkles on skin are lines or creases which happen due to loosening or sagging skin, which is triggered by the weakening or lessening of collagen that is present in the connective tissue. For this reason the skin may lose its tautness and fat thereby giving into a sagging look.
Symptoms of Skin Wrinkles
- Creases on the skin including lines
- Sagging skin
- Crow’s feet in between eye brows
- Sensitive skin area surrounding the eyes, lips and neck seem to show lines and puffiness.
Causes of Skin Wrinkles
Skin wrinkles happen with aging which is a normal process but when the same happens prematurely it becomes a reason for worry and distress as not so old people may look aged and older due to wrinkled skin. A variety of reasons may be responsible for such skin wrinkling which are enlisted as under:
- Over exposure to the sun
- Bad habits like smoking and alcoholism
- Exposure to pollution
- Over stress
- Weight loss
- Lack of Vitamin E
Home Remedies for Skin Wrinkles
- Egg whites are rich in certain vitamins that assist in nourishing and tightening the skin. Applying egg whites to the delicate wrinkle prone areas can minimize wrinkles to a considerable extent.
- Take a bowl with the contents of three Vitamin E capsules to which you must add 2 tsps plain yogurt, 1/2 tsp honey and 1/2 tsp lemon juice. Now apply this mixture on the wrinkle prone areas like face and neck. After keeping it for 10 minutes you may wash it off.
- Coconut oil mixed with Vitamin E can be applied regularly at bedtime for quick skin wrinkle solutions.
- Make a paste of turmeric and sugarcane juice which is highly effective to minimize wrinkle lines.
- Applying pure castor oil mixed with lemon juice also works wonders for wrinkle lines.Preventive Measures
- Take a balanced diet and follow a healthy lifestyle with enough rest, sleep and daily exercise.
- Abstain from smoking and substance abuse.
- Pamper yourself with facial massages that are not only relaxing but also keep the skin young by improving blood circulation thereby tightening the underlying tissues and facial muscles.
- Take proper protection from the sun.
- Consume foods and drinks that abound in antioxidants which are anti-aging agents.
- Avoid facial gestures like frowning, squinting or raising eye brows.